Excel Dashboards Book Giveaway
Last week, we had a giveaway for my PivotPower Premium add-in, and here are the winners:
Congratulations, and I will email you later today, to arrange sending your copy of the file.
Excel Dashboards & Reports
This week, Katie Mohr, from Wiley, has donated 2 e-book copies of Excel Dashboards and Reports , by Mike Alexander and John Walkenbach. If you are interested in building dashboards, this will help you get started, or increase the skills that you already have.
The book has excellent review on Amazon, and it takes you from the preliminary steps of planning the dashboard, to setting up the data, and creating interactive controls and even macros to enhance it. It covers charts, sparklines and pivot tables, plus instructions for connecting to data outside of Excel.
One of the book’s chart examples is a Waffle Chart, also known as a Square Pie Chart. It’s a 10x10 grid, and the coloured squares represent the completed portion. To see the instructions, you can download a free pdf file from the Amazon site.
Mike says, “This kind of chart is a relatively effective option when you want to add an interesting visualization to your dashboard without distorting the data or taking up too much dashboard real estate.”
Enter the Giveaway
Katie Mohr, from Wiley, has donated 2 e-books for this giveaway. If you’d like a chance to win a copy, please read the rules, and then make a comment below.
- In your comment, tell us:
- If you have built an Excel dashboard, did you run into any problems?
- If you haven’t built an Excel dashboard, why would you like to get started?
- Include your email address, so I can contact you if you win. Your contact information won’t be publicly visible, and it won’t be used for any other mailings.
- The deadline is Wednesday, August 28th, 2013, at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time.
- One entry per person.
- The 2 winners will be announced on Thursday, August 29nd, 2013.
- Each winner will have 24 hours to claim the prize, and if not claimed, another name will be selected.