Spreadsheet Tips Workbook Giveaway
Last week, we had a giveaway for Mike“ExcelIsFun” Girvin’s new book, Ctrl+Shift+Enter: Mastering Excel Array Formulas. The publisher, Bill Jelen (Mr. Excel), generously donated 4 copies of the ebook, and here are the winners:
- Barry Charnock, with comment 76
- John Fairlie, with comment 28
- Erica, with comment 41
- Vaibhav Garg, with comment 1
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to Bill for making this possible! I will send each winner an email, and you’ll have 24 hours to reply, so you can get your copy of the ebook.
Spreadsheet Tips Workbook
This week, we’re having another Excel giveaway! Jon Wittwer, from Vertex42, has just published his new Spreadsheet Tips Workbook, with 140+ Excel tips. All the tips are in an Excel file, with practice areas where you can test the tips as you work through them.
Some of the skills are for basic users, and more than half are at the intermediate to advanced level. You can mark each section as completed, as you go through each topic, and see your progress at the top of each sheet.
On the main sheet, you’ll see your overall progress, and how much you’ve completed in each category.
There are links to videos and other articles, throughout the workbook, so you can dig deeper into the topics that you’re most interested in.
I was impressed by both the content and the layout of the workbook. In addition to learning great Excel tips, you’ll be inspired to try some of Jon’s navigation and design ideas in your own files.
Enter the Giveaway
Jon Wittwer, from Vertex42, has provided us with 2 copies of the Spreadsheet Tips Workbook for this giveaway. If you’d like a chance to win a copy, please read the rules, and then make a comment below.
- In your comment, tell us one area of Excel where you’re not an expert, and could use a few tips.
- Include your email address, so I can contact you if you win. Your contact information won’t be publicly visible, and it won’t be used for any other mailings.
- The deadline is Wednesday, August 14th, 2013, at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time.
- One entry per person.
- The 2 winners will be announced on Thursday, August 15th, 2013.
- Each winner will have 24 hours to claim the prize, and if not claimed, another name will be selected.