Excel Data Validation Update
I've finally updated my Data Validation intro video, so it shows the steps for creating a drop down list in Excel 2010, instead of Excel 2003. These instructions apply to Excel 2007 too, in case you're using that version.
In honour of this momentous occasion, here are links to a few of my previous Excel Data Validation articles and posts. You probably know all the basics, but maybe you've missed a few of these tips and tricks.
- Show or Hide User Tips In Excel – AlexJ shows how to let users turn data validation messages on or off, by choosing TRUE or FALSE from a drop down list.
- Dependent Data Validation From a Sorted List – Select an item in the first drop down list, and related items are shown in the second drop down list.
- Limit the Total Amount Entered in Excel - use Data Validation to limit the total amount that users enter in a group of cells.
- Select Multiple Items from Excel Data Validation List - instead of selecting just one item from a data validation drop down, you can select two or more.
- Plan Your Party Seating with Excel - too late for Christmas dinner, but this might help with your New Year's festivities.
Note: Remember to vote for the Excel functions that you'd like to learn more about during the 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days challenge, starting January 2nd.
Watch the Excel 2010 Drop Down List Video
The shiny new video is below, in case you'd like to see that too.