Summer Giveaway For Excel Nerds
It's time for an Excel giveaway! Just describe one of the telltale signs of Excel nerdery (is that a word?), and you could be the proud owner of a shiny new Excel book, e-book or utility.
To enter, write an original (and suitable for work!) comment below, completing the sentence, "You might be an Excel nerd if..."
For example, you might be an Excel nerd if:
- you've written 3 books on pivot tables.
- long-lost friends and relatives call you, not for money, but for Excel help.
- you understand Dave's "accept labels" comment, that inspired this giveaway.
The submission deadline is 12:00 noon (EDT) on Tuesday, July 28, 2009. Winners will be announced here on July 29th.
Update: Congratulations to all the Excel Nerds winners, listed in the July 29th blog post.
Thanks to the generosity of some Excel authors and developers, and my publisher, I have a nice collection of books and utilities to give away.
JKP Application Development Services
From Jan Karel Pieterse, of JKP Application Development Services:
- one copy of Professional Excel Development
- one copy of Professional Excel Development, 2nd Edition
- one copy of Excel 2007 VBA Programming For Dummies
- one USB key (1 GB) with a set of tools like Name Manager and a free RefTreeAnalyser license
(4 copies of this prize are available)
The Ken Puls Blog
From Ken Puls, of The Ken Puls Blog:
- one copy of RibbonX: Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon
Peltier Technical Services
From Jon Peltier, of Peltier Technical Services:
- one copy of a PTS Charting Utility – winner can select one from the following:
From my publisher, Apress, four prizes – e-book versions of Excel books:
- Pro Excel 2007 VBA, by Jim DeMarco
- Excel 2007: Beyond the Manual, by Helen Dixon
- Pro Excel Financial Modeling: Building Models for Technology Startups, by Tom Y. Sawyer
- Pro Office 2007 Development with VSTO, by Ty Anderson
And finally, from Contextures – three prizes
- Beginning Pivot Tables in Excel 2007
- Excel 2007 PivotTables Recipes
- Excel Pivot Tables Recipe Book
- To enter, just write an original (and suitable for work!) comment below, completing the sentence, "You might be an Excel nerd if..."
- The comment must be submitted before the deadline of 12:00 noon (EDT) on Tuesday, July 28, 2009
- One entry per person – any additional entries will be deleted from the draw
- A random draw will select each prize and its winner. No substitution of prizes.
- Winners will be notified by email, so please provide a valid email address. This will not be publicly visible, but may be shared with the contest sponsors, so they can contact prize winners to arrange delivery.
- Physical prizes will be shipped, postage paid, but taxes or other charges (if any) will be the responsibility of the recipient.