Find Office Files with Keywords
When you save a Microsoft Office file, you can store keywords to help you find that file later. For example, when you’re creating an estimate for a client’s Excel project:
- In Excel, click on the File menu, and click on Properties
- On the Summary tab, enter Estimate, Excel in the Keywords box, then click OK.
Later, you can use one or more keywords to find relevant files:
- In Excel, click the Open button on the toolbar.
- At the top right of the Open dialog box, click the arrow on the Tools button
- Click Search
- In the Search dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- From the first drop down, select Keywords
- Enter a keyword in the third box, and click Add
- Enter more keywords, or any other search criteria, including location.
- Click the Go button, to start the search.