Find the Mouse Pointer
When working on my laptop, especially with a second monitor plugged in, it’s sometimes hard to find the mouse pointer. Too often, this happens in the middle of a meeting, while I’m trying to demonstrate something to a client.
To make the pointer easier to find, you can use one of the built in features:
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar, and click on Control Panel
- Double-click on the Mousecontrol, to open the Mouse Properties dialog box
- Click on the Pointer Options tab
- Add a check mark to Show Location of Pointer When I Press the CTRL Key
- Click OK
- Close the Control Panel window.
The next time you lose the pointer, press the Ctrl key, and circles will flash on the screen, showing its location.